Alavanthankulam

About Parish

In the beginning Alavanthankulam was under the jurisdictions of Pannerkulam Parish in the year 1912. It is a catholic village when the population of the catholic people increased, it necessitated the creation of new parish so that the spiritual need of the people could be met out. It was erected as a new parish in the year 1946. Rev. Fr. D. Almedia became the first Parish Priest. 

Emmanuel Francis Raja

Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Francis Raja

Parish Priest
Patron of the Parish

St. Anthony of Padua

Vicariate

Palayamkottai

Church Name

St. Antony's Church

Established On

15.02.1954

Assistant Parish Priest

-

Succession of the Priests

1. Fr. Dalmeida2. Fr. Yeno SJ3. Fr. Francis Xavier 4. Fr. R.S. Amalraj5. Fr. Joseph Pannur SJ 6.Fr. Amalan G..J.7. Fr. ArulappanS.L. 8. Fr. Antony Cruz9. Fr. Joseph Pannur SJ.10. Fr. Arul Irudayam SJ 11 Fr.Berchmans T Antony

Institutions

St. Antony’s Hr. Sec. School (School)
Run by RC Diocese Of Palayamkottai (D) , Alavanthankulam
Fr. Leveil Dispensary (Hospital)
Run by Congregation of Immaculate Conception (CIC), Alavanthankulam