Diocesan Development Director: Job description
What is development office?
The Diocese and every parish must secure the resources necessary to fulfill the Church’s mission, which is to worship God, proclaim the Gospel, to celebrate community and to serve our sisters and brothers. The diocesan development office assists in fulfilling these responsibilities by encouraging all of the faithful to care for others and share with them the resources entrusted to them by God. The development office also explores the ways to increase the money flow, at the same time; it helps to reduces expenditures in a cost-effective and time-effective manner.
What are the roles and responsibilities of the director of development?
The diocesan development director.....
- Will assist the diocesan procurator in maintaining the diocesan properties.
- Will work with the land & property in-charge to visit, plan, invest and reinvest the diocesan properties.
- Will be a member of the diocesan finance committee.
- Will be an ex officio in any committee that undertakes planning and decision making process with regarding buying, selling, building and investing land and properties of the diocese of Palayamkottai. (For example: buying new property, building presbyteries and so on.)
- Will be the coordinator of the project promotion committee.
- Will coordinate the project promotion committee to visit project’s sites, exclusively, who receive foreign aids, evaluate the progress and submit reports to the Bishop and to the concern foreign agency.
- Will facilitate to plan and oversee the official diocesan fundraising events.
- Will assist the diocesan administration to appreciate and maintain good contact with generous donors who support the diocese in various ways (inclusively parishes and institutions) locally and internationally.
- Will take initiative to create new permanent income generating sources to become a self sufficient diocese in the near future. (For example: building shopping complex in the prime areas of the diocese, kalayanamandapam and so on.)
- Will gather new ideas, suggestions, exclusively for the development work of the diocese, from the people, priests and religious and he will consolidate ideas and every so often take them to the attention of the diocesan administration.
- Will be available for priests who wish to consult for planning and finding resources for the development of parishes and institutions
Diocesan development director
Director: Fr. Anto
Contact: Development office
Post Box No: 108
Palayamkottai -627 002
Cell: : 9487833666
Email:: [email protected]
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 A.M to 1:00 P.M
2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M